Allsky burial ground was opened in 2013 by archaeologist V. N. Karmanov. This find is dated V-VI centuries BC — the time from Siberia, through the Urals still came waves of Great migration of peoples. In the first two graves initially studied by archaeologists, were found the remains of a young man of 16 years and a man who was about 60 at that time he was a real man. Despite the fact that one of these burials were partially destroyed in ancient times, scientists have discovered things here — an iron knife, a bronze buckle for shoes, etc. This gave an opportunity to attribute the burial to karinskoe archaeological culture. This culture archaeologists refer to V-VI centuries ad Burial was made in the mounds, which are up to thirteen bodies. Mounds garinskoe culture is always rich items, though — or perhaps for this reason — these tombs are often robbed and robbed until now. In the grave was laid, not only swords, daggers, spears, beads from stekli amber and more.
These findings can be seen how heterogeneous were mixed and then the population of the Urals. In carinskih mounds are found Persian coins and weapons of Sarmatian warriors.
Allsky excavating the burial site, archaeologists also found graves — the exact number of graves yet to be determined, as they were badly damaged, and things are mixed.
So far it is clear that found a precious material — ceramics, the remains of silver and bronze ornaments, fragments of clothes. In one of the burials lay three men in leather shoes with bronze buckles. Belt were leather pouches with jewelry and knives of iron in bronze scabbard – obviously, they were ritual objects that were to go with deceased to the afterlife. In another burial, the burial place of a woman in a fur hat and fur bag, Continue reading
Historical and archaeological Museum of the state budgetary institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The history of the Kerch Museum of antiquities began with the personal collection of the Field of Dobruca (1774 – 1835) — the founder of the Kerch archaeological, founded in 1810, 2 (14 new style), June 1826, the Museum was officially established and was located in the house of P. Dubrock until 1833. The first Director of the Museum was I. P. Blaramberh. Since the creation of the Kerch Museum of antiquities the main direction of his activity was the study and preservation of ancient monuments, was found at Kerch and Taman peninsulas, i.e. on the territory of the ancient Bosporus Kingdom. Significant to the development of archaeological work in Kerch contributed to the rich excavations of the Kul-Oba in the fall of 1830. Some time the Museum was located in the premises of the city guardhouse, and in 1835 on the mount mithridat was built the Museum building in the style of the Athenian temple of hephaestion. With the arrival in 1853 to the post of Director of the Museum Alexander lyutsenko was the beginning of a scientific approach to excavations.
One of the most productive periods of the Museum’s activity was the period from 1891 to 1918 Director of the K. E. Dumberg first conducted a systematic excavation of the ancient settlement Panticapaeum. His successor V. V. Shkorpil, a well-known epigraphist and an archaeologist, Continue reading
“Black diggers” have plundered an archaeological site in Koloa transferred to newly established area
“Black diggers” looted the monument of Federal value – the settlement of Koloa (XIV-XVII centuries), located in area of Opochka Okrug. The destruction of the settlement, the archaeologists reported by local residents.
As reported Pskov news in the Archaeological center of the Pskov region, the activities of “black diggers” at the site of Kologo not like the usual “zakouski” from metal detectors. The survey of the settlement recorded large-scale destruction of archaeological monument on the area of 70 sq. m. the Robbers invaded the cultural layer to a depth of 1.5 meters. Counted about a dozen of predatory boreholes from 1.5 to 2 meters of trenches 3 to 6 feet. Parts that are directly attributable to the construction of the XV-XVI centuries. Dumps the burnt remains of wooden structures, boulder grounds kilns, medieval ceramics.
“The monument of archaeology is irreparably damaged: destroyed site of the stronghold with the most powerful and informative layers. From the cultural layer removed all the discoveries that have commercial value, destroyed the medieval buildings, disturbed stratigraphy,” say the archaeologists. Continue reading