The word “archaeology” of Greek origin, like the origin of the names of many other Sciences (history, geography, Geology). It consists of two words – arhayos (ancient) and -logos (word, story). Leaves – the story of ancient times. For a long time archeology and understand the science of antiquity, that which is not available written history.
Archaeologists dig up remains of ancient cities, villages, graves, find ancient things, the traces of rites of burial, evidence of unit of defensive walls of the ancient city, clay and metal utensils, weapons, works of art. Them they judge how and what people lived in the past. Thus, archaeology helps RNATI about the past of mankind. Who we are, why live? This is also the questions of archaeology.
The value found by archaeologists of the subject is determined not by the material from which it is made, and the historical information that this item contains. Clay pot with ancient writing or a piece of tanned animal skin with unknown ancient inscriptions much more valuable to science than was found an ingot of precious metal. Yeah, he’s too valuable, but that value is different, far from a science. Ingot us a little that can tell about the past, and therefore both historical and archaeological value, he has not.
Broken pottery, fragments of craft tools long interested archaeologists. What in them interesting? Whether it is the Golden bowl! Attitude towards archaeology is gradually beginning to change from the eighteenth century and especially with HGH B. Archaeologists have learned that often simple, plain items like pots moulded carry historical information. Should only be able to get it. Archaeology gradually ceased to be kladoiskatelskih science. Continue reading
According to law, construction work was suspended and the study of the territory began archaeologists. In the study area they have identified and studied the graves of the early middle ages, finding gold jewelry.
TBILISI, Aug 4 – news-Georgia . Unique archaeological finds were discovered on Pikris mountain in the town of Mtskheta (ancient capital of Georgia, located near Tbilisi) during construction works on private land on the territory of old graves, according to the Ministry of culture and monument protection of Georgia on Monday 4 August.
According to law, construction work was suspended and the study of the territory began, the archaeologists who work on the mountain Picris from late July – when a grave was discovered. In the study area they have identified and studied the graves of the early middle ages, among them five types of burial grounds, – stated in the message.
“In the places of burials were found Golden rings, hooks for clothes and a gold coin of the Byzantine Emperor Constantine VIII (1025-1028.), which confirms that the residents of Mtskheta were buried in the burial grounds of the mountain Picris not only in IV-VI, but in the middle ages”, it oficialnaya office.
In addition to coins and gold jewelry, were also found other items – buckles, brooches, vessels for storage of spices, and made of different materials rings and beads. Continue reading
Historical and archaeological Museum of the state budgetary institution of the Republic of Kazakhstan
The history of the Kerch Museum of antiquities began with the personal collection of the Field of Dobruca (1774 – 1835) — the founder of the Kerch archaeological, founded in 1810, 2 (14 new style), June 1826, the Museum was officially established and was located in the house of P. Dubrock until 1833. The first Director of the Museum was I. P. Blaramberh. Since the creation of the Kerch Museum of antiquities the main direction of his activity was the study and preservation of ancient monuments, was found at Kerch and Taman peninsulas, i.e. on the territory of the ancient Bosporus Kingdom. Significant to the development of archaeological work in Kerch contributed to the rich excavations of the Kul-Oba in the fall of 1830. Some time the Museum was located in the premises of the city guardhouse, and in 1835 on the mount mithridat was built the Museum building in the style of the Athenian temple of hephaestion. With the arrival in 1853 to the post of Director of the Museum Alexander lyutsenko was the beginning of a scientific approach to excavations.
One of the most productive periods of the Museum’s activity was the period from 1891 to 1918 Director of the K. E. Dumberg first conducted a systematic excavation of the ancient settlement Panticapaeum. His successor V. V. Shkorpil, a well-known epigraphist and an archaeologist, Continue reading